Since each student is unique the music educator will have design a uniquely customized student-led program for them. In every program we build and grow to include components that match our values:
- Music literacy drives musical independence, both on and off the page.
- Practicing using Adaptive Musical Learning and Teaching Applications (AMLTAs) increases motivation to achieve musical independence.
- Developing strong and mutually respectful relationships between the student and the teacher is a key component to student success.
- Learning to play using music that the student loves and feels a connection to is a driving force in emotional and cognitive development.
- Multi-instrumentalism is optional yet encouraged. We especially encourage use of the voice in learning any other instrument.
- Self-accompaniment is a form of musical independence that promotes emotional wellness, confidence and coordination.